Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Oh, I feel horrible!

I just dropped Angela off with her dad. She'll be with him for a week while I'm busy with other things for several days. So we get to the drop off spot, and I'm getting her suitcase out of the back seat while she's getting out of the front seat. All of a sudden her dad starts screaming, "Get the door! Get the door!" Angela is standing SILENT, but with the biggest eyes ever, looking at me through the car window. HER FINGER IS IN THE DOOR!!!!! 

I run around the other side of the car and open the door, and it looks horrible! HORRIBLE! But Angela isn't making a sound, just saying, "I ok. I ok mom." 

OMG! I felt so bad. We put her finger into a bottle of ice cold water, and her dad was going right down the street so a store to get some ice to put it in. I didn't want to leave her. Poor baby!!!! After messing around with the finger for about 10 minutes, Rright before they pulled away, I looked at it again. It's pretty obvious the whole end of her finger (down to the first knuckle) will be a huge blood blister. They're supposed to be headed on a drive to Arizona tonight, and I made her dad PROMISE ME that if it started to get huge he would bring her in to have it checked, and lanced if need be. 

Ugh, my stomach is in knots just thinking about it!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That happened to me when I was a kid - I hopped into the truck, and was putting my jacket on (so I stuck my arm out) and my dad shut the door. It was a couple fingers - and they were fine in a day or so. I hope Angela's okay!

Kathie Brinkman said...

oh, I"m sorry. but she'll probably be just fine. just pray about it and release her to the Lord. That's all you can do at this point.

Monica said...

Oh Leah, so sorry!!! My finger is hurting just thinking about it!! I can just see her saying she's "okay" what a tough little girl! Meant to call you today, good luck tomorrow you and Angela now both will be in my prayers!

Beverly said...

so sorry. I will be praying that her finger is healing well.

JennyH said...

Oh poor Angela! hope her finger will be fine and her dad takes care of it if need be.