Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Making Connections

Here's one very cool thing about blogging: Sometimes people from your past find you because of it! (Ok, I suppose for some that could be a bad thing, but I don't think I have any enemies out there! LOL)

Over the few months several people from my past have contacted me via my blog. Old friends from high school, a neighbor from when my boys were just toddlers, an anonymous person from my daughter's school, an administrator from a school my daughter attended as a preschooler, and nurse from a clinic we used to visit when Angela was a baby.

I love making these old connections. It tells me that Angela touched their lives when she was nothing more than an innocent baby, or just by their watching her at school and being inspired by all the hard work she put in to get where she is today.

The frustrating part in making these connections is I am often not able to respond to them. If you have contacted me via my blog, please make sure in your user profile you've listed an email address. If you didn't list one I can't respond back to you privately. If you list your email address in the comment itself, you risk being contacted by strangers. ;-)

No comments: