Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, August 31, 2007

A Hug From Very Far Away

About a month ago I signed Angela up for a bunch of free toy catalogs. She LOVES flipping through these! Tonight I wandered down to the mailbox, with Angela at the top of the hill hollering, "Is a new one? A new toy magazine for me?"

There was, indeed, a new catalog for her, and an interesting looking envelope addressed to me from a name I didn't recognize in Florida. While Angela was flipping through her prized possession, I opened the envelope to find it had really come all the way from Germany! It had been sent by our Downsyn friends Friederike and her daughter Cecilie!!!

When Angela realized the package was really for her,
she was so excited to get mail! I showed her the map, and how far away Germany is. We talked about how that envelope GOT here, etc. She was very impressed. Then we red the story of Tuffi. And right now, Angela is going to bed wearing her flashing Tuffi pin.

By the way,
Cecilie is 5 1/2 and has Down Syndrome, and we "met" via the internet. It's amazing how the internet can connect families who you would have otherwise never dreamed of meeting. And Down Syndrome brings together the most amazing people. See? This is why I live online! LOL

Thank you for brightening our day!



No comments: