Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, May 08, 2014

If you would like to help

My good friend Linda Goddard asked me to post this to my blog. I feel a little odd about doing so, but if you have further questions you can contact Linda directly at lachergoddard at netscape.net
*****************
Hello Friends and Supporters of Superwoman (aka Leah Spring),

As you all know our friend is about to embark on a journey to kick cancer’s butt.  If you are anything like me I’d like to help out this incredible and awesome family.  In good Minnesota form, one of the things I feel I can do to make Leah, Dean, and the kid’s journey a little smoother is to feed themJ  With Leah’s blessing, I’ve set up a schedule on www.TakeThemAMeal.com and asked her to spread the word to her vast community of family and friends.  Take Them a Meal is a way to ensure that the whole family gets fed in an organized fashion.  If you are interested in helping out with a meal or multiple meals you can go to the website and find the schedule under Recipient Last Name – Spring and Password – (please email me for the password)  A schedule will come up and you can pick a date and enter what you’d like to bring the family for supper. 

Leah and Dean will have a cooler on their front steps and you can drop off their meal any time between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm for your assigned day.  The most important dates to fill are chemo days and the weeks following – May 15-20, June 5-10, June 26 and 27, and July 17-22.  It’s important to keep in mind that we are feeding quite the brood of growing kids.  Please be aware of what other meals are being dropped around the time you are interested in providing a meal.  Variety is the spice of life!  No fear for those who don’t cook and want to participate.  Ordering a pizza, Chinese take-out, or sandwiches are all still good options. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or have difficulty signing up (651-470-6501).

 Thanks much, Linda Goddard



2 comments:

Holly @ Cat Hair and Glitter said...

Wish I was closer. I would love to help.

Tigger (aka Karyn) said...

Linda is a wonderful friend!! My church kept meals coming throughout chemo for our family and it was a huge blessing. It was one less thing my husband had to deal with when I was sick and one less thing I had to do on those days I felt ok.