Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, June 10, 2013

June, July and August

Dear June, July and August,

Dear June,

Each spring I wait anxiously for your arrival. You bring with you warmer weather, sunshine and a much-needed change in our routine when I'm starting to run on fumes. But this year June? This year you arrived with nothing but rain, rain and more rain. You brought an insane schedule I could barely keep up with. Now that we are 10 days in things are settling down a little bit! Still, the evenings are so busy that you're loosing your place as my favorite month of the year.

July! I can't wait for you to get here! We have big things planned for you this year, July. Lots of summer camp for Angela, a trip to Denver, Colorado for the National Down Syndrome Congress convention, not to mention warm weather  (please don't bring the 100* stuff with you. I don't have the patience for it this year.) and fun times for the boys! You might just be my new favorite month.

Oh August. I think you and I are going to have a love/hate relationship. By the time you arrive, all the extra-curricular sports will be done. Our evenings will be free. Camp and traveling will be memories. Even with that, you're going to keep us busy, aren't you August? Your lack of scheduled activities leaves us time to get some medical things scheduled that will require recovery time before school starts in September. I believe all four of the AAAA's will be seeing the inside of an operating room during your time with us.

To my favorite three months of the year, June, July and August, thank you for finally getting here. Please remind me how much I said I love you when I'm complaining about you later!


1 comment:

eliz said...

Everything here is so crazy- which makes the whole summer fly by waaaay too fast! I'm thinking tomorrow morning will be September 1rst!
My boys have been dying to go outside- finally a dry day in lovely MN!