Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, January 07, 2008

So what did we get?

Lets see...we drove looked at and drove a Saturn Vue, Jeep Liberty, Toyota Highlander, and Hyundai Sante Fe.

Between space, mileage, crash rating, and price we ended up going with a 2005 Sante Fe under 50K miles. (never ever ever will I buy a brand new vehicle.)

This was a very long day of test driving, since we had Angela along. She was NOT happy to be there! She begged me over and over again to let her stay home alone "and take care of the dogs". Poor kid! The sales guy we ended up buying with was paying particular attention to Angela, and I don't know how many times he ran to get her things, AND cut down every balloon on the show floor to give to her. He was paying too much attention, you know what I mean? So I knew he must know somebody. Turns out his 37 year old sister had DS.

Unfortunately, his comments were loving but very derogatory. I hope my boys never refer to their sister as "rollie pollie but jolly as can be."

So, we're now back to 2 vehicles so I'm not stranded when Dean leaves town a couple nights a week! WHEW!


No comments: