Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, October 06, 2017

Breast Cancer - Awareness and all that

October is Breast Cancer awareness month. It is also Down syndrome awareness month, which we celebrate all month long here. But breast cancer? Yeah, not celebrated quite so much.

In the next few posts (because I intend to write a few. Getting them posted may be a whole different thing. LOL) I am going to tell you about my true feelings about breast cancer, where I am mentally and physically. These posts may give you the impression I am a survivor basket case. Before you read any further  I  need you to know I don't spend my days wallowing in a pit of "Oh my God,  I had breast cancer. Poor me!" It is just here with me. Every day. Every single day. This month I'm going to show you why. 

No comments: