Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, May 08, 2017

How did this happen?

She's turning 21 soon. Lately I feel like I'm not doing enough. Suddenly "adulthood" is here, and there is so much left to teach. Its not about cutting myself some slack, because I know I have done plenty. Its about realizing there is just still so much! Where do I begin to teach the rest of it? I feel like I've left out so much. What do I teach the next one now so I don't feel the same when he turns 21? Or will I always feel this way, no matter their age? Have I not focused enough one one area or another?


These are the thoughts of a mom, when the house is quiet at 2:30 a.m.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

My daughter is 32 and thankfully still lives at home so every day there is a teaching moment somewhere! I don't think we'll ever be done teaching our kids, typical or not! Not that they'll let us. :)