Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Surprises

Surgery was nice and quick. The GI doctor came out and said her stomach and duodenum are severely inflamed and red, which is indicative of celiac disease. This isnt super surprising since she has the genetic markers for celiac, and yet she has no sumptoms. The good thing is the formula she'll be eating via tube is gluten free.

Angela is doing well, refusing to let herself sleep but she is at least resting quietly.


3 comments:

AllBreed Obedience said...

Well now you can rest a bit too my friend! Glad to hear it all went well.

Heather said...

Glad to hear Angela is doing well!! Praying for you all :)

Relle said...

Glad to hear you are both doing well. You have been on my mind and in my prayers. I hadn't checked back to your blog for a week or so and you had heaps of posts up. The video of Audrey made me cry. She is doing amazing and I thought your singing was beautiful. It was a delight to see how far she has come. You can see what the love of a family and God can do, in a short period of time. My heart broke for you having to tell Angela, she couldn't eat any more. You are amazing to me how on top of and up with all the medical stuff you are. You have been doing it for years and probably don't think much of it. I thought you have probably unofficially earnt your own medical degree with all the things you have learned over the years from your treasures. Thanks for the updates, I love reading about all your adventures. Hugs, Relle