Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Conversations with Angela

Sitting around the dinner table:

Angela: Mom, guess what.
Me: I have no idea. It could be anything. What?
Angela: I love ditching school.
Me: Ummm
Angela: Cutting class. It's my favorite.
Me: (blinking. My mom brain is processing slowly.)
Angela: Cut class. Skip school. Ditch class. Yep!
Me: What do you do when you cut class.
Angela: Go to choir! Duh!

**************

At breakfast:

Me: Good morning Angela.
Angela: My name isn't Angela today.
Me: What is it?
Angela: Guess.
Me: It's 6:00 in the morning. There is a law that says no guessing is required until at least 8:00.
Angela: Ask me again.
Me: Ask you what?
Angela: Good morning.
Me: Good morning Angela.
Angela: (totally exasperated with me.) Mom! I'm not Angela. I'm Zack, remember? You have to say "Good morning Zack."
Me: Good morning zack.
Angela: Good morning Mom! I love you!

*************

Angela, just in the door from school...

Angela: Hello? Anybody home?
Me: (standing in the entry.) Umm yes, I'm here. You just walked past me.
Angela: (faking surprise.) Oh! Hi mom! I'm not see you there.
Me: I'm sneaky that way.
Angela: Mom...I've make a decision.
Me: And what is that?
Angela: My decision is....hmmm (taps chin to think) My decision is.....Oh! I know! When I grow up I work at Applebees. Yep! That's my decision!




3 comments:

Becca said...

Love her imagination! These are the kinds of conversations I know we'll be having. Actually, we kind of have them now. I have a silly kid. :-)

CJ said...

She is awesome... totally awesome.

Unknown said...

I think the first one is my favourite. I remember when my 14-year-old came home from school all excited that he had only three classes a day. I was a bit confused, and I asked what were they going to do for the other three hours. He said, "Oh, English, Gym or Music and History".