Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Venting

Today Dean went back to work, so I'm going to vent a bit. Because it's my blog and I can.

When I went to Serbia and Bulgaria back in April I was gone for three weeks. During that time not ONE stitch of laundry was done. NOT ONE! Dean promised that would not happen this time. HE PROMISED.

Before I left, I had every stitch of laundry done and put away. Putting away is easy in our house, because mine and Dean's stays in the laundry room (we have shelves in there for our clean laundry.) Angela's is right around the corner in her room, and all her shelves are labeled so it's easy to see what goes where. VERY simple!

While I was on this trip to get Axel, I mentioned laundry, and Dean assured me it was getting done, that I would not come home to a mountain of laundry. And, where I was staying had a washer/dryer so our suitcase was coming home full of clean laundry.

I should know by now, after 8 years, that Dean does not keep his promises. He did three whole loads of laundry while I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks.

And Axel and I just finished putting them away.

I love my Dean, and Angela was well taken care of while I was gone. But he also had his son and his girlfriend here many days to help out with Angela. Still, there is a mountain of laundry from two people wearing clothes for 2 1/2 weeks.

In a few months I'll go to get Ianna, and there will be three of them here. Shudder!

5 comments:

Becca said...

LOL - I take it Dean does not read your blog? :-)

JennyH said...

You're so funny! That is what my hubby would have done too. I doubt he would have done even those 3 loads though!

Have fun doing laundry!

Tiffany said...

So you ARE going to be able to get Ianna?!?!? Oh, good, I was so worried about that post over on the adoption blog!!!

And the laundry thing? OH, SO, my hubs, too. He'd go buy underwear and sock before he'd run something...unless it was tainted by vomit. seriously.

Leah Spring said...

Tiffany, you are BEHIND on your blog reading! LOL Hop on over to my adoption blog and catch up. LOL
http://myianna.blogspot.com/

Mel said...

Hey Leah, John would say "Ok, so the laundry didn't get done...At least the kids are all still alive!" LOL Maybe you could hire someone to come do it when you go get Ianna? hehe