Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Dear Blog: July 2017

Well hello there, Blog!

Yep, I've been really busy the last couple of weeks. Between sick kids, including Abel in the hospital with pneumonia, Christmas and New Years, I got behind. Again. I intended to get all caught up before 2018! Oh well. I'm back now.

So July 2017 was really busy. I know it was, but I can't seem to find any photographic evidence. Apparently I just spent a lot of time with the kids, enjoying our time in the sun!

You may remember we fed several hummers over the summer months. They didn't find us our first summer here, so I hoped they would this year. They usually arrive in our area the first week of May, so I put out my feeders the last week or so of April, hoping to entice a pair or two to hang out in our yard. Even though I kept refilling the feeders with fresh nectar every couple of days, by July I had given up hope of being discovered by the birds.

Like a lot of people in Minnesota, what we DID get is an invasion of Asian beetles! They are nasty things, killing trees all over the place. My outdoor plants and our trees were attacked. We were able to save the trees before they were completely decimated. Unfortunately some of our trees were gotten by a fungus that destroyed them, so they'll be coming down this spring.

The 4th of July came and went. The only kid who got in front of the camera was Amos.

 A friend was moving and her dog stayed with us two weeks. He joined me on some runs. His name is Dudley, after my Dudley who passed away two years ago.

I re-discovered my good camera. Now I just to relearn how to use it! LOL

Audrey happens to love the camera, even though she refuses to smile.



And that, blogger, is the last of the photographic evidence of July! 

No comments: